Waddesdon Surgery as part of the North Buckinghamshire Primary Care Network are offering Extended Hours and Improved Access Service
Local GP practices are working together to offer patients better access to appointments in Buckinghamshire, known as the ‘Extended Hours’ and 'Improved Access' Services. This means you can now book more appointments 'out of hours' and in hours via your local practice.
These services are available:
- From 7am and up until 8pm Monday to Friday
- From 8am until 12noon on Saturday
- From 9am until 1pm on Sunday (at one of the three FedBucks Access Hubs located across the county)
There are varied types of appointments available, some of which may include GP consultations, Telephone appointments and Nurse appointments.
Patients registered with any GP Surgery within North Bucks PCN will be able to access this service via the participating surgeries in their area.
- Waddesdon Surgery – Waddesdon
- The Swan Practice – Buckingham
- Norden House – Winslow
- Wing Surgery – Wing
- Ashcroft Surgery - Wing
- Whitchurch Surgery – Whitchurch
- Edlesborough & Pitstone Surgeries – Edlesborough & Pitstone
- FedBucks Improved Access Hubs - High Wycombe Hospital, Stoke Mandeville Hospital and Threeways Surgery, Stoke Poges (Sunday and Bank Holiday weekends only)
All appointments need to be pre-booked directly with YOUR registered Practice, appointments can only be booked within core working hours (8am till 6.30pm). This is NOT a walk in service and the phone lines are not open during the 'out of hours' clinic.
How to Book an Appointment
Ring your GP Surgery as normal. If you choose an Extended Hours or Improved Access Appointment, the reception staff will tell you where clinics are being held on what day, and the times of the available appointments. If this is convenient an appointment will be booked for you. It is very likely the appointment will not be with your usual GP.
URGENT MEDICAL ADVICE OUT OF HOURS
If you need urgent medical advice out of hours, please phone NHS 111 in the first instance or 999 in an emergency.